Monday, June 17, 2013

Modified acrylic display case

Hey guys! Just want to share something I made about a month a ago, a display box sold here locally  that I modified to give the kit kept inside it a little bit more spunk. The display case is good as is with a nice glossy base and built in LED's on the side like shown in this pic (image and kit are not mine). I decided to give it a hangar feel to it with light focused on the kit.

First off with used prepaid cards and pla plates detailed the base for a hangar look, modified the wiring to move the LED's upfront and with tubes and pen caps made posts to place the LED in and directing the light towards the kit.



Testing the lights with RG RX-78


Next, detailed the back portion of the acrylic case with more pla plates, koto parts and zip locks also modified a part from this chain base to be placed on top to hold two more LED's


And the lighting looks much better with the addition LED's on top


Sorry for a bit of jump here... from priming, painting and masking here is what came out of it


Tried a little of pre shading but my airbrush isn't just suited for detailed job but still came out nicely added some dry transfer decals for details


And the one who will be temporarily residing this display case my MG Guntank

Until next time guys!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nice blog I had a great time reading it. Can I contact your through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...