Friday, June 7, 2013

HG 1/144 Nemo (GWC 1.0 w.i.p. part 2)

Greetings everyone! Time for another update on my HG Nemo, a lot of progress has been done this past week and I like how things are progressing in weathering this kit. With that here are pictures of the work so far...

Before priming the kit I added up some texture to some parts of the kit with a mixture of tamiya putty and Mr. hobby thinner applied it with a hard bristle brush.


 After all that primed the parts


Applied a few coats of  rust color (mixture of Mr. Color orange and brown) as my base color and Mr. Color Germa Grey for the Internals. I'll be trying Salt + Hair spray weathering on this guy, hope it will all work out well since this is my first time trying this out...



After I let the paint dry for a day, applied a coat of hair spray and sprinkled salt on the parts. I'm being careful not to over do it because it may ruin the kit rather than enhance the effect



Once the salt and hair spray dries applied my Primary colors of Mr. Color Russian Green and Light Grey. Sorry about the picture quality i cant seem to focus my camera phone that day...


The next day started scraping the salt off with an old toothbrush and water. Left some small salt particles to enhance the texture and so far the effects looks good to me so on to the next step... enamel wash!


Before the wash I've put on some dry transfer decals I have lying around


I used Tamiya enamel brown for my washes


Next with cotton buds dipped in lighter fluid I remove the enamel form the parts stroking in unifrom downward direction to from streak effects and here is the end result


It toned down the green and made it look old and the texture came out really well.

So that will be all for now, will add a few more touch ups to the weathering and next time I'll post pics of the Nemo. See you guys soon!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...